What is the Combined Charging System (CCS)?
Here’s an overview of its principal characteristics.
The Combined Charging System (CCS) is based on open and universal standards for electric vehicles. The CCS combines single-phase with rapid three-phase charging using alternating current at a maximum of 43 kilowatts (kW), as well as direct-current charging at a maximum of 200 kW and the future perspective of up to 350 kW – all in a single system.
The CCS includes the connector and inlet combination as well as all the control functions. It also manages communications between the electric vehicle and the EV charging point. As a result, it provides a solution to all charging requirements.
The key features of the Combined Charging System include the following:
- AC charging:
- With the electrical interface specification for power transmission, which includes safety-related signalling for AC charging that complies with the international IEC 61851-1 and 61851-22 standards.
- With a connector that is compliant with the international IEC 62196-1 and IEC 62196-2 standard (Type 1 and 2).
- DC charging:
- With the electrical interface specification for power transmission, which includes safety-related signalling for DC charging that complies with the internationalIEC 61851-1 and 61851-23 standards.
- With the connector that is compliant with the international IEC 62196-1 and 62196-3 standards (Combo 1 and 2).
- The communication interface between the electric vehicle and the charging point is based on the international standard ISO/IEC 15118, the German DIN SPEC 70121 and the SAE J2847/2.
FUSO eCanter - first light truck with CCS
The FUSO eCanter is the first light truck with CCS that will be in series production for Europe, Japan and the US. The truck with a 115-kW motor has a range of 100 km and a load capacity up to 4,5 tons.
CharIN e.V. Asia Meeting in Hong Kong
The Charging Interface Initiative e.V. would like to welcome its members to a seminar on the highly current topics of charging by well-known experts on September 25th to 27th, 2017 at the Cordis Hotel / Hong Kong
CharIN at the European Congress on Electric Vehicle in Madrid
Together with various representatives from European and Spanish institutions, André Kaufung, Managing Director of the CharIN e.V. will discuss about changes in the transportation sector towards low and zero-emissions at the European Congress on Electric Vehicle on October 26th to 27th 2017 in...