Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards throughout the world. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
FUSO eCanter - first light truck with CCS
The FUSO eCanter is the first light truck with CCS that will be in series production for Europe, Japan and the US. The truck with a 115-kW motor has a range of 100 km and a load capacity up to 4,5 tons.
CharIN e.V. Asia Meeting in Hong Kong
The Charging Interface Initiative e.V. would like to welcome its members to a seminar on the highly current topics of charging by well-known experts on September 25th to 27th, 2017 at the Cordis Hotel / Hong Kong
CharIN at the European Congress on Electric Vehicle in Madrid
Together with various representatives from European and Spanish institutions, André Kaufung, Managing Director of the CharIN e.V. will discuss about changes in the transportation sector towards low and zero-emissions at the European Congress on Electric Vehicle on October 26th to 27th 2017 in...