Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards throughout the world. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
CharIN e.V. supports ISO/IEC 15118
The Charging Initiative e.V. has published a position paper to affirm its support of the ISO/IEC 15118 as the communication protocol between the electric vehicle and the charging station.
CharIN e.V. North America Member Meeting, November, 2017
A CharIN North American November Member Meeting was held at the General Motor Vehicle Engineering Center in Warren, Michigan on November 2, 2017.
Second CharIN Focus Group Week took place in Berlin
The global get together of Combined Charging System (CCS) experts continues to grow. With 138 attendees from all over the world a record was set for Focus Group participation!